View your account, make a one-time payment, set up auto bill pay, and more. Check out the Fairfax Water Customer Portal!
How do I register my account on the Customer Portal?
In order to register your account, you will need your Fairfax Water account number as well as the city and zip code for your property where service is provided. Once you have that information ready, click here to start the registration process.
All required fields will be marked with a red asterisk (*). And, you will have guidance as you proceed through each step. Feel free to call us if you need additional help, 703.698.5800.
Is the Customer Portal different from Fairfax Water's website?
It is, but our website and the Customer Portal are interconnected. You can reach FWCustomer.org from Fairfax Water's website. Since our website holds all of our informational content, some links on the Customer Portal go back to fairfaxwater.org. The Customer Portal is also available as a mobile app, search Fairfax Water in your app store.
What are the benefits of registering?
- Ability to view balance, current and past bills
- Ability to make a one-time payment
- Simple recurring payment enrollment and cancellation
- Ability to compare water usage quarter to quarter
- Self-service to update profile information such as email, phone numbers, or mailing address
- Ability to “turn-off” paper bills
- Ability to send messages such as billing questions, reporting a leak, downloading/submitting a Tenant Authorization Form, etc.
Click here to access the Customer Portal!
How can I check my account balance?
You can check your account balance three ways:
- On the Customer Portal
- Via our IVR phone system; or
- By calling our Customer Service department
One of the benefits of registering at FWCustomer.org, is the ability to log in and view your balance and bills any time.
You may use our automated system / IVR at all hours. To use our automated system, you must have your thirteen-digit account number and the service address zip code.
- From 703.698.5800, select option 3 on our menu, during business hours. Select option 2, after hours.
- You will hear your current account balance and due date, as well as last payment date and last payment amount.
- Account information is updated once daily, from Tuesday through Saturday, by 7:00am, except on holidays.
During business hours, you may get your balance by speaking with Customer Service at 703.698.5800.
What is Fairfax Water's payment address?
P.O. Box 5008
Merrifield, VA 22116-5008
Can I view my bill online?
Yes! Register on our Customer Portal at FWCustomer.org to view and pay your bills, turn off paper, see bill and usage history.
How often does Fairfax Water bill?
Residential customers are billed every three months.
Is there any relief from high bills caused by leaks?
As a courtesy, we offer a one-time adjustment for unusually high water charges caused by leaks. All the details regarding adjustments are within the Rules and Regulations, under Courtesy Leak Adjustments. To be eligible for adjustment, the Customer must:
- promptly and properly repair the leak when detected;
- provide written proof of repairs to Fairfax Water in the form of copies of receipts or an invoice; and
- not have received a Courtesy Leak Adjustment from Fairfax Water during the preceding five years.
Please use this form to submit the required information. You may mail the completed form to: Fairfax Water Attn: Billing 8570 Executive Park Avenue Fairfax, VA 22031 You may fax it to: 703.289.6133 Or you may email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should receive a response to your request within two weeks. All the details regarding adjustments are within the Rules and Regulations, under Courtesy Leak Adjustments.
What can I expect on my first bill?
The Fairfax Water bill will include your account number, water and sewer service and usage charges, the amount due, the payment due date, and messages about your service. An explanation of all charges can be found on the back of your bill. Initial bills include a one-time Account Charge of $44.00. This charge covers the administrative cost of establishing a new account and having the field technician turn on the water and take an initial meter reading.
Why is my bill so high?
Leaks are often the culprit, and toilet leaks are the most common type. A single "running" toilet can quietly waste over 1,000 gallons of water in a single day. Fortunately, repairing toilet leaks is usually easy and inexpensive. Checking for leaks elsewhere in your plumbing system might reveal other sources of water loss. In many cases, high bills are a result of increased water use. Changes in outdoor water use, such as watering a new lawn or using a new sprinkler system, are usually responsible for large increases. Reading your water meter before and after watering can help you identify how much you are using. Our tips can help you use water wisely and reduce future bills. Although we read our meters with a high degree of accuracy, sometimes we make mistakes. If you suspect that we have misread the meter, please call our Customer Service department at 703.698.5800. We will gladly check the reading and make any necessary billing corrections.